Claire Cresswell Sports Massage
My name is Claire I am MSMA, LSSM . DIP Qualified Sports Massage Practitioner,Clinical Massage Therapy Sciences in Medical Massage, CRB Registered and First Aid trained.
What is Sports Massage and is it for me?
The prime purpose of sports massage therapy is to help alleviate the stress and tension, which builds up in the body's soft tissues during physical activity. Were minor injuries and lesions occur, due to overexertion and/or overuse, massage can break them down quickly and effectively.
More importantly, it can help prevent niggling injuries that so often get in the way of performance and achievement. This treatment is not just for the sports person, anyone can benefit from sports massage, including people in physically demanding jobs and those not quite so obvious (occupational, emotional and postural stress may produce many similar characteristics to sports injuries).
Some medical conditions are eased with massage and help maintain a "pain free, day to day" way of life. I am in the process of becoming qualificatied in Clinical Massage Therapy Sciences (Medical Massage). This will allow me to treat clients that have been diagnosed and cleared by their GP for (medical) massage. The course is strengthening my knowledge in chemistry, medicine, pathology and kinesiology. Treatment will be altered, adapted and mirrored to suit the phase you are at. For some pathological conditions approval from your GP would be advised.
Benefits of Sports Massage
- Improving circulation and pain reduction
- Easing tight/stressed muscles
- Breaking adhesions and removes lactic acid
- Helps in recuperation after injury and rehabilitation
- Assists in recovery between intense training and preventative care
- Breaking Scar Tissue
- Relaxation and feeling of well being
- Speed healing and reduces discomfort during the rehabilitation process
- Soft tissue techniques employed by sports massage therapists are effective in the management of both acute and chronic injuries
- Overuse injuries like repetetive strain injury
- Relieves back, shoulder and neck ache
- Improves range of motion and muscle flexibility
- Sports massage tends to be deeper and more intense. It is based on the various elements of Swedish massage.
As a skilled therapist I bring together a blend of techniques, knowledge and advice during treatment, to work effectively with you to bring about optimum performance and to provide injury-free training and minimise post event injuries. In all cases, such as massage techniques are employed in collaboration with other appropriate medical care.
I look forward to being of service to you.